The Roman Catholic Church of Saint Emeric (Szent Imre) in Endrőd was built in 1804 in Late Baroque style. Its patron saint is Prince Saint Emeric who also figured on Endrőd’s old coat of arms. The vintage church pews are registered monuments and are especially valuable. Its first foundation stones were laid on 6th November 1798 as the old church in the Templom-zug was too close to the Körös River (only 8 paces away) thus it was in constant danger of flooding. The new church was placed southwards from the old one and farther from the river. Its benediction took place on 5th November 1804 and it was consecrated on 9th May 1824. The stone statues of Saint Peter and Saint Paul were made in Eger in 1808 and placed in niches on the forefront of the church. In those days the church had five bells from which only three are functional today and these are the Saint Stephen, Saint Emeric and the so-called Death bell.
Roman Catholic Parish (Endrőd) / Saint Emeric Presbytery
Pastor: Czank Gábor